Wednesday, December 30, 2009

3 Things...

As I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner last night, I had a thought pop into my head.

What are 3 things I do regularly?
And,
What are 3 things I would like to do regularly?

Try as I may, I tried to set those 2 questions aside and continue on with my chores. Again, those same two questions popped into my head. I decided I needed to write them down. For some reason I must need to answer these questions.

The first on, what are 3 things I do regularly?
1. Laundry (even when the dryer was broken, I still managed to do laundry)
2. Dishes (loading and unloading the dishwasher count)
3. Shuttle the kiddos, whether it's to school, friends, doctors or just with me. I'm a shuttle.

The second one, what are 3 things I would like to do regularly?
1. Sew (I have let my hobby fall to the wayside and I need to find time to incorporate it into my life. It is a stress reliever for me)
2. Read the Bible (this will pick up when bible study resumes in January and I am looking forward to that)
3. Spend time with Friends - this will be a little tricky, I have friends that I spend time with here where I currently live. However, it's the friends that live further away that I would like to spend more time with. My cousin lives 2-1/2 hours away, do you think we see each other? NO. Two more friends live 3 hours away along with a friend I've recently reconnected with, nope don't see them. And lastly, my closest friend, lives 9 hours away. We only see each other every few years and that's hard!


A goal for me in the upcoming year is to set time aside at least once a week to chat on the phone with at least one of those friends. I'll try to do better and remember birthdays, getting gifts to them on time, versus, months afterwards. And to drop a card in the mail, JUST BECAUSE.

The other items on my would like to do list, well, those I just have to make time for. And I will. I have some ideas in my head for quilting/sewing/crafting. I need to do a brain dump and get those on paper. And the bible reading will start again in January!

Mattie

No comments:

Post a Comment